Monday, May 28, 2012

Random Impressions

Variety of sun glasses at Waterside Market. Pen-pen riders prefer the ones with the coloured frames in pink, red, green and turquoise. I got myself one with a red frame and figured that the glasses are so dark, you cannot really see anything anymore. So I set a new rule for myself: Don't let your pen-pen rider wear his sun-glasses when you are on his bike.







Below: My roomies and I. Yes, we look silly. But that is only because we went to a theme party. The theme was "L". So I turned into a Learner in a Driving School, next to me is a light house, and Lady Luxury is on the very left. We had loads of fun!








Below: Second hand market on Bushroad Island. Very close to water side market, just across the bridge (decide which one you want to use - the new or the new new one) there is the second hand market where you can find clothes you have even dreamt of. As well as the H&M collection of the past two years.


























To the right: Children at the Community Hall in a village in Bomi County. I joined our implementing partner, a Liberian NGO, for a meeting on local development planning in one of the communities we are working with. It was a really good day and helped me to better understand how the concepts, workplan and implementation strategies I discuss with our partner actually turn into practice.

I also gave my first radio / newspaper interview in Liberia, however, so far I could not find anything reported in the news. Maybe also because Bomi county radio cannot really count as a nation wide broadcasting station.
Maggie's beach, somewhere off Monrovia. We seized the opprotunity of a beautiful Sunday and escaped to the beach. When I got bored of just laying down, I took my camera and strolled around. And soon enough I found a swamp. And an egret.


Waterside market. I still wonder if there are more vendors or more buyers. It is a great organised chaos. If you know the market, you will easily find your way through as each part is selling some particular things. If you don't know the system you may search for hourse without finding what you are looking for. But believe me, by the end of the day, whatever you need, waterside has it. Sooner or later. Here or somewhere else.

No comments: