Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Always look on the bright side of life...

It is Tuesday night, 11.20pm and America is about to vote for change.....but what kinda change?? Right now it is hard to believe that there is actually any change possible, although I would love to believe in....Bush will be gone in a couple of hours/ days/ weeks and there is someone new pretending to have an idea how to rule this huge country which was used the be the world's hegemon for the last 50 years...
Honestly, I wouldn't be brave enough to run for US presidency, not today and not tomorrow....f***ing huge responsibility...so in a way I do respect all the candidates (yes, even the vice ones, haha) for their decision to take up on it. In particular by considering the current state of the world in financial and economic patterns, the idea of being one of the most influential persons worldwide is rather scary than satisfying.

However, there are only a couple of days left before I am heading down South to enjoy the beautiful sunshine in Sierra Leone. Things are kinda sorted out, I found a place to stay with two other guys, apparently from Germany too, and my host organisation is brilliant and so supportive. Although I dunno really know what to do yet, I feel very watched and cared of by them and try to help me with as much information as possible. They even gonna send one of the other interns to pick me up from the airport. Since my planned time of arrival is 4.30am, the poor guy has to go there in the middle of the night or I will just wait for a while until the sun is up so it is easier to cross the river (the airport is located on a peninsula and hard to reach).

I am now in Braunschweig, hanging out at my parents place and annoying them with changing moods. Sometimes I am very happy, talkative (who would have guessesd?) and excited and the next moment I will turn into a little nasty bit** who makes life harder for herself and all the others. Thanks god that my parents know how to handle me......hahahaha!
I was kinda seriously sad, when I left Göteborg on Sunday late evening to have a night cruise on the bus to Germany. Kathrine and Josephine were cute enough to drop me at the terminal and Kathrine found a good reason why to get on the bus - it had stars on......
And I had a really nice weekend at Janan's, where I could crush on the couch (which was so super comfortable) after I finally moved out of Chels' and my apartment. Thanks so much for that! And I really miss Göteborg and Sweden already and it is good to know that I will come back!

Otherwise not so much going on here.....my head is still stuffed with weird things, sometimes not even able to communicate in a proper way.... but will be better soon. And I do like life, I do like to go away, because that means to come back will be even greater, I like to meet new people without forgetting about the 'old' ones, I like not to know and I like to know better afterwards, I like to doubt and I like to be confirmed.....these three months will be extraordinary interesting and fascinating.

So far from here! It is time to watch how the Americans find their way today and I am proud of all these great people who couldn' be there for the elections, but took their chance anyway and voted by postal letter.
And I send a huge hug who is in urgent need for it and no worries, this one can be split in many, without disturbing the ghost....
Lst but not least, a small pic from beloved Göteborg.....love is all around and you can hardly stop it....



Take care and we talk soon!

No comments: