Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Reflections

It has been 2 1/2 weeks since I returned from Sierra Leone. I had great times with my family and friends and appreciated the feeling to be home. I enjoyed all the comfort which was missing in Freetown and learned how nice a hot and properly working shower can be.
I also learned how differently I handle the experiences I made in Sierra Leone. While I was i Freetown, I often accepted the circumstances just because there was hardly any other option. But when I now think about what I have seen, heard and learned, when I now listen to the (often sad) news from down there.....hell, it is hitting me big time. I know, there is something you call cultural shock.....am not sure if this is the best way to name it.....I would rather say it is more the increased awareness which does not let you sleep at night and which puts you in a strange and weird mood....I am not getting confused, I am just getting so incredible angry and I feel so helpless at the same time....anyway, I am sureI will find a way how to deal with this kind of questions and this immanent dilemma....
Besides that, I am quite fine. Suffering from a slight cold, I received the good news that my blood is very fine (I got it checked just to be sure that everything is alright) and even my iron deficiency disappeared. My body is a self-regenerating miracle. Excellent!
I went to Hamburg last week and will head to Berlin on Thursday. And finally.....on Sunday I will find my way to Göteborg and I hope there will be better weather than here.
I had a really good time here with my parents and my brothers, some close friends and others and I am going back to Sweden in a quite relaxed mood and ready to meet the final study challenge - the Master thesis.
Just in case that you are looking for me during the upcoming two months....check the library first :-) deadline is May 24th and it will be a hard piece of work....
And after the graduation in Götebborg on June 5th I will join the funniest game ever - let's do some job hunting.....any news will be published right here.

And here some impressions I got when I visited the nordic beauty Hamburg....







No comments: